Makeup Essentials for Winter

Winter arrives in style and brings with it a few beauty and makeup staples. I personally do not feel hoarding separate makeup for different seasons , just a few tweaks here and there and you are good to put your best face forward.

Well, to wear or not to wear makeup is a personal choice. You can always choose to not wear any Β makeup and keep it natural. But I feel “the best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural”-Calvin Klein

BeautyPlus_20151216014347_save_wm (1)

Here are my favorite winter makeup essentials:

Moisturizer/Sunscreen: These are essential all year long. Lather them generously to ensure healthy skin.

BeautyPlus_20151216001421_save[1]
My Fav: Palmers Cocoa Butter
BB Creams/ CC Creams: Winter can make your skin dull and lifeless and to some extent, even pale. To bring a dimension and sheen to the skin, use any tinted moisturizer, BB Creams or even CC creams.

BeautyPlus_20151216001534_save[1]
Lakme CC Cream in Bronze
BeautyPlus_20151216001509_save[1]
L’oreal True Batch BB Cream in Gold
Lip Butter & Lipstick: Winter gives you the liberty to go for deeper shades; plums, marsala and browns. A lip butter mainly to keep chapped lips at bay.

BeautyPlus_20151216001850_save[1]
MAC Diva
IMG_20151216_001813[1]
The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Butter
Blush: a blush adds all the dimension to your face. I love the flush of colour it gives to the cheeks. Winter gives you the flexibility to use a cream or a powder blush. A deep pink or Β shimmer blush is great for the winter months. A cream blush is preferable if you have dry skin.

BeautyPlus_20151216001700_save[1]
MAC Pinch ME & Makeup Revolution Heart
Highlighters: who does not want dewy and a glowing finish to their face. You can always fake a glow with highlighters and dab them on to the highest points of your face which are the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, below eyebrows, and cupids brow. Tip: You can also use a bronzer to add warmth to your cheeks.

IMG_20151203_100112
I πŸ’— Makeup Blushing Hearts

Facial Mist: this can be used before or after makeup primarily for sealing it. Currently I am loving this product. Mists melt into your skin and gives an even appearance.

BeautyPlus_20151216001608_save[1]
MAC Prep+Prime
Let me know in the comments what are your winter essentials πŸ™‚ Keep Glowing this festive season.

Advertisements

17 Comments Add yours

1. Love these all especially the mac products! Check out my winter essentialshttps://bellamodachic.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/winter-essentials/

Liked by 1 person

1. Thnks ..sure I shall πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

2. Shikha says:

These are some very helpful tips. thanks:)

1. Thanks Shikha. ❀

3. akanksha says:

Great winter tips Jo!! Loved every bit of it. So useful πŸ˜‰

1. Hey AKS, I could of some help. Thanks babe

4. Meenakshi Uppal says:

Your post sorted my concerns for winter makeup. Good tips, especially the facial mist one

1. Thanks meenakshi. It great to know you liked it. πŸ‘πŸ‘

5. Arielle says:

The makeup products look so gorgeous! Have you tried TBS body butters too? They are amazing ❀

1. Thanks πŸ’œoh yes I have the strawberry one and it smells divine and is great for winters

6. Ishita says:

Oh I love this, lot of points to note πŸ˜‰

1. Thanks a lot Ishita. I am glad you liked it.

Liked by 1 person

7. alissonhuang says:

The blushing heart is so cute! Love your post!:)

1. Thanks a lot dear. Indeed they are cute.

Liked by 1 person

8. Neha Vohra says:

How is Mac Fix+ working for you?

1. Hey Neha, Nice to see you here. I have an oily skin perpetually all year long. So this works great. Gives a sheen and even look to the face. The best part of this product is you can apply it before makeup as a base, spray a lil on your brush or sponge, and lastly use it as a setting spray. So for me it has worked great. So I highly recommend the product mainly for its versatility. Hope this helps

1. Neha Vohra says:

I will try to get my hands on this one soon since I face the same skin concerns!!