#DontjudgemebymyStyle-A Women’s day Initiative

Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment-John 7:24

We, humans, programmed as constantly conflicting beings, imbibe in us,  a certain amount of traits embraced from others or inspired from  others, which we discover through certain methods of our own. That is  where the judgement comes into play. You might sound like a hyprocite if you say you have never being judged. Whether on the basis of caste, colour, clothes or on a parameter of utmost randomness,we have all at some time fallen prey to the wrath of judgmental souls. But lets not play the victim card. Most of us consciously or involuntarily have judged others as well. I too plead guilty of being party to this erroneous act.

To suffice for the intelligence that we are blessed with, lets strive to frame opinions based only on sound judgment and rationality.

Being judgmental is rather a universal phenomenon with no partiality towards gender. But today on International Women’s Day, I dedicate this post to the fairer sex. The emotionally stronger sex or shall I put it this way.. the equals.

All around we see women judging other women on some of the most petty lines, bringing others down, indulging in some harmful bitching and being engulfed in the vicious circle of jealousy. Ironically, this is also a time when the world gives so much impetus to women empowerment and many of us are putting our feminist views on a pedestal. Sadly its a state of an oxymoron. Sigh!!

I too have been a victim of judgements and prejudices. Right from my growing up years, throughout high school days and college, I have been labelled as a snobbish soul. Sadly, nothing changed in my corporate career as well. Being tagged as someone with an intimidating personality, shopaholic, spendthrift and so on. After much introspection, I realized the basis to such impressions had a direct relationship with the way I dress. Anyone who doesn’t dress to look docile and meek is arrogant and snobbish. Basically, my clothes decipher my personality, my character and my commitment.

Why do you dress up daily? Why do you wear heels all the time? Why do you use so much makeup ? How do you manage to wear skirts so often ?

A lot of women and men around me have had these questions. Blame it on being overtly judgmental. I seek no approval, I owe no justification.

Its also funny that most of them have had changed perceptions towards me even though that was much later and after knowing me better. First impressions have always being deceptive. Strangely though !!

So, I proudly form part of this special women’s day initiative conceptualized by the lovely Krupa. #dontjudgemebymystyle You can check her blog here

A woman may be clad in a saree or a dress, A woman is much more than her clothes. What you choose to wear should by no means pass a judgement about your character. Have you ever wondered how easy it is to judge. It requires no efforts. However, to understand a person requires patience and dedication.

Women do not need any liberation from men.They do need to break free from the certain complexes and vices they have nurtured within themselves. So this Woman’s day lets pledge to not judge because Women empowerment emanates by elevating each other. Lets build a community of strong women driven through motivation and inspired by each other. Because,

Empowered Women empower Women

Happy Women’s Day!!!

Until next time,

Stay Stylish, Stay You

Love

Jovita

Cladien (Since 1958), Women’s, Navy Blue printed off-shoulder shift dress, Smart Fit

Advertisements

20 Comments Add yours

1. tbymallano says:

Beautiful post my darling! Judging and being negative comes so naturally and easy to our human nature. Being positive and kind requires lots of energy.
    I love such people, knowing from myself how much much work they put into their character each single day.

Love from http://tbymallano.com/

Liked by 1 person

1. Absolutely right. It’s so easy to pass a judgement and requires so much patience to understand a person. More power to positive people like you. Have a great day 😊😊

2. Krupa says:

So powerful, it gave me goose pimples when I was reading it!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Krupa. It was a superb initiative by you. Great work there and much love for the appreciation 💗💗

3. Beauty Elixir says:

Lovely post 🙂 http://wp.me/p6RzbV-1Fx

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks a lot babe 😍

Liked by 1 person

4. J.Graystyle says:

Loved this post! Good words and great style🌹

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks a lot babe. Much love to you for appreciating ❤️❤️

Liked by 1 person

5. Wonderful post Jovita. And I love the hashtag. 😊

Liked by 1 person

6. Ms Meehnia says:

I too am being constantly judged for my love of makeup. To me obviously this is utterly strange and meaningless. Nobody can judge my work skills based on the way I look. These are two extremely different things. Until I work with them, all they know and say is, yeah she does makeup. Like what? And when I work with them they get to see my skills.
    But passing judgement effortlessly is something so convenient that people don’t even think twice before doing it. 😐 😦

Liked by 1 person

7. Ms Tantrum says:

Such a fab post Jovita. Happy International Women’s Day Darling.

Ash | http://www.mstantrum.com
    Instagram: @ms_tantrum

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank you so much babe. I am glad you liked it. Happy Women’s Day

8. Couldn’t have said it better myself!!! So well written my love! Happy womens day ❤

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks a tonne. I am glad you liked it . Happy Women’s Day ❤❤

Liked by 1 person

9. phashionbug says:

Love how beautifully you have crafted this article, which is very subtle in words but deals with a very deep and dark prejudice. Loved reading it. I agree with everything that you said,
    I think being in peace with oneself allows us to be more tolerant, more accepting and non-judgemental to others. It is the insecurity within ourselves that provoke such negative emotions towards others. I hope more and more people understand to respect the other person be it a man or a woman or a child with a certain level of respect for them just being and not for other reasons that are utterly subjective and have unfortunately become the yardstick of so called success or a good life.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the issue, which is as dark as is pretty.
    xx
    Saabri

Liked by 3 people

1. Hey I am a tad overwhelmed by your application. Thanks a tonne 💗💗 I am glad you liked the post and agree with the initiative 😃

Liked by 2 people

10. Priyanka says:

Yes a woman is much more than her clothes!
    Superb post and very inspiring.
    I would like to thank you because there are times when i dont feel confident about myself but then i look at you to bring back that confidence. I mean it! I’m lucky that i get inspired by you on a daily basis😁 Thank you ❤️ N happy women’s day ❤️✌🏻

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank you Peekay!! I think this is the best compliment. If there is anyone who feels that I have inspired them, I feel honoured 😘😘

11. Tosom says:

So true!! Majority of the times, it’s a woman who is judging other woman. This behaviour needs to be changed. Cheers to every lady who thinks beyond just clothes and beauty. 😘😘😘

Liked by 3 people

1. Yes!! Instead of elevating each other, many indulge in bringing them down. Thanks for appreciating this post😃😃